Consistent with Regional and Support Regional events, the ECC has recommended that planning for Scent Work Events begin no later than ten (10) months prior and an application submitted no later than eight (8) months prior to the event.
Holding a Scent Work Trial - Check out the AKC.org website to learn more. The American Bloodhound Club is licensed to hold Scent Work trials.
Scent Work Event Kit and forms are available on the AKC.org website.
Everything your club needs to host an AKC Scent Work trial. No event kits are mailed for Scent Work.
You can download the following documents from AKC.org to have on-hand at your trial.
See link: http://www.akc.org/sports/akc-scent-work/akc-scent-work-club-resources/
- Scent Work Forms
- Generic Forms and Publications
- Event Application
- AKC Code of Sportsmanship
- Entry Form Template
- Rules Applying to Dog Shows
- Judge’s Score Sheet / Score Sheet for Labels
- Dealing with Misconduct
- Trial Secretary Report
- Rules Applying to Registration & Discipline
- Class Transfer Form
- Disaster and Emergency Plan
- Trial Chair Report
- Disqualification and Reinstatement Booklet
- Judge’s Report
- Disqualification for Attacking Form (Judge’s Form)
- Premium List Template
- Dog on Dog Attack Form (Judge’s Form)
- AKC Scent Work Regulations
- Dog Aggression Form (Event Committee Form)