The Events Coordinating Committee (ECC)
Our mission is to provide guidance and information, to facilitate, and encourage timely and successful AKC events, for the American Bloodhound Club regional clubs.
- Provide guidance, support and oversight to ABC Regions with regards to all AKC events.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Judge’s Selection Process for National Specialties.
- Facilitate the AKC application process to include event application, preliminary financials, acceptance from hosting clubs, venue contracts, and any other pertinent documentation.
- Review event documents for accuracy, completeness and financial viability.
- Track the stages of the event application and approval process to ensure timely submission.
- Ensure timely submission of ECC approved event applications to the ABC Board for approval.
- Upon ABC Board approval submit complete package to the ABC Corresponding Secretary for submission to the AKC
- Create and update useful tools and information to simplify the application process.
- Establish and communicate guidelines as needed.
- Keep ABC website updated and current.
- Keep the ABC Board apprised of activities and any potential red flags or issues
Please contact your Event Coordinating Committee Advisor as you begin your event planning process.
The Event Coordinating Committee is here to help with your planning in any way possible – The Events Coordinating Committee (ECC) mission is to provide guidance and information, to facilitate, and encourage timely and successful AKC events, for the American Bloodhound Club regional clubs.
Anyone planning a Regional, Supported Entry or National event should contact their respective regional Event Advisor for assistance with their event application process and ABC approval.
All ABC Event forms will be accessible on line at www.americanbloodhoundclub.org.
All American Kennel Club (AKC) event applications must be processed and approved through the American Bloodhound Club (ABC). In 2014 the ABC Board of Directors created an Event Coordinating Committee (ECC) to help our regions facilitate timely and successful events. The ECC is comprised of highly experienced and knowledgeable Event Advisors who operate on a regional basis as follows:
- Mary Lou Olszewski – Northeast and Southeast regions
Olbay101@aol.com (410) 692-0429
- Sandy Katos – Northwest and North Central regions
email@example.com (516) -546-3738
- Lyn Sherman / Paula VanBeveren– Southwest and South Central regions LynSherman@aol.com (310) 455-3244 / Paula VanBeveren firstname.lastname@example.org