American Bloodhound Club Membership
Membership is open to anyone interested in Bloodhounds and who share the common interest in promoting the welfare of this amazing breed. While owning a Bloodhound is not a prerequisite for membership, applicants must be in good standing with the American Kennel Club.
American Bloodhound Club Membership Application
We Welcome New Members
Do you adore your Bloodhound solely as a companion pet? Enjoy showing your Bloodhound in conformation dog show events? Would you relish interacting with your Bloodhound in obedience, trailing, tracking, agility, rally or a host of other trial activities? Do you utilize your Bloodhound in a more professional manner by participating in community trades such as SAR (search and rescue) or law enforcement? If you answer yes to any or all of the above, or simply have an interest to learn - this is the club for you!
The American Bloodhound Club (ABC) offers numerous membership benefits which include:
- Quarterly issues of the American Bloodhound Club’s award winning magazine - “The Bulletin”
- Bi-monthly electronic issues of the American Bloodhound Club Newsletter
- Annual electronic American Bloodhound Club Membership Directory & Handbook
- A exquisite American Bloodhound Club lapel pin in pewter finish with our official club logo
- Sporty American Bloodhound Club window decal with our official club logo
The American Bloodhound Club offers three membership categories:
Open to all persons 18 years of age and over who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club. Upon approval, “Individual” memberships shall have one (1) vote, may hold office and may serve as a single sponsor for a new member.
Persons 18 years of age and over who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club. Upon approval, “Family” memberships shall have one (1) vote, may hold office and may serve as a single sponsor for a new member.
All persons under the age of 18. Upon approval, “Junior” memberships shall enjoy all privileges of membership except voting or holding office.
Membership categories require you to secure the signatures of two (2) sponsors who are existing members in good standing with the American Bloodhound Club.
To apply for membership:
- Download the official club membership application by clicking on “American Bloodhound Club Membership Application” above. The application is available as a PDF file. If you do not have the software to view this file, you may download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader by going here.
- Read, print, completely and legibly fill out all necessary areas, and sign the application. Be sure to include your e-mail address which is required for newsletter delivery and entry into the "Members Only" area of our website. Your signature signifies your understanding of, and agreement with the Code of Ethics and to abide by the rules set forth in the Constitution, Bylaws, and Standing Book of Rules (SBR) of the American Bloodhound Club.
- Have your two (2) sponsors sign the application.
- Make initiation checks or money orders payable to the American Bloodhound Club in US funds only. The amount due is noted beside the “membership type” category you chose on your application.
- Enclose your completed application with payment and submit by postal mail to:
Cindy Andrews, Membership
American Bloodhound Club
PO Box 7
Elkton, VA 22827
Our applicant process is simple. All proposed applicants are submitted to and published in our newsletter for review by our membership body where they are given a fifteen (15) day time period for potential comment. A total of thirty (30) days post-publication, our Board of Directors will vote on club business and proposed applicants within that issue. You will be notified of your status via postal mail shortly thereafter. This can be a lengthy process due to our newsletter publishing schedule.
The current American Bloodhound Club Membership Renewal dues are as follows:
$55 - USA - Individual & Family Memberships (18 years and older) - $50 for an initial application
$65 - International
$30- USA - Junior Memberships (Under 18 years)
Membership renewal dues are paid annually no later than June 1st. A membership is considered delinquent and has no voting privileges if not paid by September 1st. A prior ABC member whose membership has lapsed must go through the application procedure to be reinstated.
We look forward to having you join us in membership. Thank you for your interest in the American Bloodhound Club!